Now who is pregnant, the power becomes the highest priority for you. You need to adjust your diet, such as pregnancy progresses to meet the growing needs of your child. While you may need to stop eating certain foods and start to incorporate some who were not taking
5 Benefits of sweet potato during pregnancy :.
How you would want the best nutrition for your unborn child, you need to focus on natural foods like sweet potatoes that are highly beneficial during pregnancy because of their high nutritional content. Let's look into the benefits of eating sweet potatoes during pregnancy.
1. Vitamin A:
Vitamin A is vital both for the mom-to-be and her baby in her womb
- The American Pregnancy Association states that you have to consume 700mg vitamin a every day during pregnancy.
- a cup of sweet potato contains 1922 mg of Vitamin A that is approximately 300% of regular intake that is recommended on a daily basis basis.
[Leggi: Okra during pregnancy ]
2. Vitamin C and iron.
Vitamin C helps the absorption of iron which is essential for the good health of your baby during pregnancy
- According to the National Institutes of Health Women should take 80-85 mg of vitamin C and 27 mg of iron during pregnancy.
- A cup of sweet potato that is baked contains 39 mg of vitamin C and iron 1.38mg.
Potassium is an essential nutrient for pregnant mothers and adults as well.
- pregnant woman, adults are approaching the age of 20 should take 4.7 grams of potassium per day
- Women who are breastfeeding, you need to increase the 'potassium intake to 5 grams per day.
- Sweet potatoes contain 950 mg of potassium, which is vitally important in pregnancy.
[Read: Guava during ] pregnancy
Constipation It is a common problem during pregnancy. Dietary fiber adds bulk to the natural for the digestive system.
- pregnant mothers should consume 22-28mgs of fiber a day, to avoid constipation.
- A cup of sweet potato contains 6.6 grams of fiber, which can meet most of the dietary fiber needs of your body
[Read: pregnant women they can eat Mango ].
5. Vitamin B6:
Vitamin B6 prevents morning sickness and helps the formation of red blood cells during pregnancy.
- According to the American Pregnancy Association pregnant women should consume 1.9 milligrams of vitamin B6 daily.
- A cup of sweet potato contains 0.6 mg of vitamin B6
- Be sure to get in touch with your health care provider before incorporating any new food to your diet. He will make you aware of the benefits and of the likely risks of food you want to add
[Read: E 'Pineapple safe during pregnancy ].
4 risks of taking sweet potatoes Daily:
even though sweet potatoes have high nutritional value, there are some risks associated with too regular intake of sweet potato pregnant. Here are some facts:
- According to the World Health Organization, pregnant women do not benefit from consuming three times the RDA of vitamin A.
- Additional studies indicate that regular consumption more than 10,000 IU of vitamin a can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, birth defects, and congenital liver failure. A large sweet potato contains about 4 times that amount.
- increased intake of vitamin A has been linked with birth defects and birth defects. Obstetricians and nutritionists as well warn against excessive intake of vitamin A during pregnancy.
- limited intake of sweet potatoes during pregnancy can protect the baby from complications, birth defects and miscarriages as well.
[Read: Amla during pregnancy ]
When you're eating for two, you can actually be a liability unnerving, thus, in the end the day you need to ensure you and your baby gets the right nutrition boost.
until the sweet potatoes are eaten in moderation at all stages of pregnancy, you can enjoy this great veggie root!
Share your thoughts. and thoughts with us in the comments section below
- 8 chickpea serious effects during pregnancy
- 11 health benefits of barley health during pregnancy
- What are the benefits of eating Amla during pregnancy?
- 7 Health benefits of eating beans during pregnancy
Latest the Moumita Ghosh posts (see all)
- 8 Effective Tips to relieve finger pain during pregnancy - November 23, 2015
- Top 5 Camel Crafts & preschool children - November 23, 2015
- 4 Winter Craft interesting ideas for your child - January 21, 2015